Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Going back to Writers' workshop with Linda Rief in August at La Sapinière

I just registered. It took me awhile to to decide. I would go to bed at night asking myself the same question hoping that the answer would somehow appear on my pillow when I woke up the next morning. I waited so long that I even called La Sapinière on this past weekend fearing that there would be no rooms left. The front desk clerk reassured me that there was still room at the inn. I had a couple of things to juggle around to make it all work out, but as I consulted trusted friends, I realized that deep down I really wanted to go back.
The writing which flows out of me during that week is unlike what I write the rest of the year. there is a synergy. I love the camaraderie. I enjoy being able to live in English for one week.
I look forward to going back.

I almost quit my book writing course and my kids' novel, again. My instructor was kind in his response despite the schlock I knowingly sent him earlier this spring. I slumped in the middle of the novel and I put pressure on myself to send something in after having pushed my hand-in date back several times.

So, I 've decided to rewrite the sagging middle chapters and try to get them to be worthy of a young reader's time and attention.
Next due date: August 1st, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment